TEXT: Mark 2:18-3:6
SERIES: Mark – Who is Jesus?
What characterizes religious types?
1. They are _______________.
2. They are _______________.
3. They are _______________.
4. They are _______________.
I. Butting Heads over _______________. vv. 18-22
“Why do John’s disciples and the disciples of the Pharisees fast, but your disciples do not fast?”
1. Jesus came to bring _______________, not gloom.
2. Jesus came to usher in a new _______________ for God’s people.
II. Butting Heads over _______________. 2:23-3:6
“The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath”
“I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”
1. Do you see yourself in any of the characterizations of religious types?
2. What is your view of the Christian life? Joy? Burden?
3. What motivates you to obey God’s commands?
4. Would you agree that we all are “recovering Pharisees”? Explain.