TITLE: “Finishing Strong in the Last Days”
TEXT: II Timothy 3:1-9
SERIES: Finish Strong
“The more things change; the more things stay the same.”
“But understand this…”
1. The last days are _______________. v. 1
“in the last days”
2. The last days will be filled with _______________. v. 1
“that in the last days there will come times of difficulty.”
3. _______________ are the problem. vv. 2-4
“For people will be lovers of self…”
4. Avoid _______________ people. vv. 5-8
“Avoid such people.”
5. Jesus _______________. v. 9
“But they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all”
1. How can we guard against falling into empty religion?
2. What does it mean to be lovers of pleasure rather lovers of God? Is it wrong to enjoy pleasurable things and activities?
3. What is the difference between a pessimistic view and a realistic view of the last days?
4. How can you gain a better understanding of these truths?