TEXT: Romans 8:29-30
I. God is for Us. v. 28
Providence – “God’s faithful and effective care and guidance of everything which he has made toward the end which he has chosen.”
God is at work in our lives for our good in all things.
II. God has Always been for Us. vv. 29-30
1. God is for us in the _______________.
“…to be conformed to the image of his Son.”
2. God was for us in the _______________ past..
“For those whom he foreknew he also predestined”
3. God was for us in the _______________ past.
“…he also called, and those whom he called he also justified”
4. God will be for us in the _______________.
“…and those whom he justified he also glorified.”
1. What is the most difficult thing for you to grasp about God’s providence?
2. Do these verses teach that you are holding on to God or is God holding on to you? What difference does it make?
3. How does knowing that your salvation is a work of God affect your understanding of the assurance of salvation?
4. How has your look at these truths motivated you to be more like Christ?