TEXT: Mark 1:1-11
SERIES: Mark – Who is Jesus?
The Gospel is not “Good Advice”; it is “Good News.”
- The Good News is all about _______________. v. 1
“The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.”
- The Good News is the fulfillment of God’s ______________ in the Old Testament. vv. 2-3
“As it is written in Isaiah the prophet”
3. The Good News is _______________ by John the Baptist. vv. 4-8
“John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.”
- The Good News is _______________ by God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. vv.9-11
“You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.”
Are you prepared to receive Jesus?
1. You must _______________.
2. You must turn to _______________.
- You must follow Him with _______________.
- What are ways that we can make the Good News about other things instead of Jesus?
- What was John’s posture towards Jesus? How is this an example to us?
- Can you hear the Father say to you, “You are my beloved son/daughter; with you I am well pleased?
- Will you allow the Good News to change your life?