TEXT: Mark 1:40-45
SERIES: Mark – Who is Jesus?
Leprosy was a death sentence.
I. The Humble _______________ of the Leper. v. 40
“And a leper came to him, imploring him, and kneeling said to him, ‘If you will, you can make me clean.”
1. Suffering can _______________ humility in God’s people.
2. Jesus doesn’t _______________ heal.
II. The Compassionate _______________ of Jesus. vv. 41-45
“Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand and touched him and said to him, ‘I will; be clean.’ And immediately the leprosy left him, and he was made clean.”
Jesus _______________ him.
Leprosy is a very appropriate symbol for _______________.
1. Do you believe the leper made a statement of doubt about Jesus’ ability or willingness? Explain.
2. How has God used suffering in your life to humble you?
3. How do you respond to the compassion of Jesus?
4. Do you believe Jesus is willing to “heal” you?