TEXT: Mark 1:12-13
SERIES: Mark – Who is Jesus?
Mark gives us the “big picture” of the temptation of Jesus.
Two things to consider:
1. Jesus’ _______________.
Hebrews 4:15, “For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin .”
2. Personally _______________.
How do we survive in the wilderness?
1. The _______________.
“And Jesus full of the Holy Spirit” Luke 4:1
2. The _______________.
“It is written”
3. The _______________.
“Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.” Ephesians 6:13
1. What is significant about Jesus experiencing the same temptations as you?
2. Why was it so important for Jesus to have victory over the temptation?
3. Of the Spirit, the Word and the Gospel, which one do you need to focus on right now?
4. Are you willing and ready to face the danger of the wilderness?