TEXT: Mark 8:27-38
The Spiritual Litmus Test is what do you believe about the ________________ of Jesus.
I. Jesus _______________ who He is and what He must do. vv. 27-33
“Who do people say that I am?”
“But who do you say I am?”
II. Jesus ______________ you to surrender your life to Him. vv. 34-38
Surrendering your life to Jesus means…
1. Letting Jesus _______________ your life. “deny yourself”
2. Being willing to _______________. “take up his cross”
3. Walking in the _______________ of Jesus. “follow me”
“For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?”
1. What evidence that Jesus is the Christ is most compelling to you?
2. Do you find Jesus’ rebuke of Peter harsh? Over the top? Confusing? Why?
3. Why is the cross the central issue of the gospel?
4. Having surrender your life to Jesus, how can you try to take back control of your life and resist His Lordship?
5. Why do you think the temporary pleasures of this world have such a strong tug on our hearts?