TEXT: Matthew 9:35-38
SERIES: Our Mission, Our Future
“pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest”
The frequency and urgency of our prayers has to do with our _______________.
I. A Change in our _______________. v. 36
“When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them.”
Three descriptions of their spiritual condition:
- like _______________ without a shepherd.
If we are going to pray, our emotions must change from condemnation to ____________.
II. A Change in our _______________. v. 37
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few.”
If we are going to pray, our perspective must change from seeing problems to seeing the _______________.
III. A Change in our _______________. v. 38
“Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”
If we are going to pray, our attitude must change from helplessness to _______________.
Who will pray?
- Does it surprise you that prayer is a vital part of Jesus’ mission?
- How do you really feel about lost people?
- When you think about Grace being a fruitful outreach do you see problems or possibilities?
- What are the implications that Jesus is the Lord of the harvest?