TEXT: 1 Timothy 6:6-10, 17-19
We think that having more will bring us more…
I. Pursue _____________, not Money. vv. 6-8
“Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment.”
1. We need an _______________ perspective.
“For we brought nothing in the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.”
2. We need an acceptance of the _______________.
“But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.”
II. Watch Out for Your _______________ about Money. vv. 9-10
“But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation.”
III. Count Your _______________ not Your Money. vv. 17-19
1. Do not be _______________.
“As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty.”
2. Do not trust in your _______________ for security.
“…nor to set their hope on the uncertainly of riches, but on God.”
3. Be a _______________ person.
“They are to do good, to be rich in good works, and to be generous and ready to share.”
1. What do you think having more will bring you?
2. How does your pursuit of money compare with your pursuit of godliness?
3. What temptations do you face when you have a worldly attitude toward money?
4. Are you seeking an abundant life apart from Jesus?