TEXT: Nehemiah 1:1-11
SERIES: Are You Ready for Revitalization?
A huge problem: “The wall of Jerusalem is broken down, and its gates are destroyed by fire.” (v. 3)
Main message: Church vitality begins when God’s people respond wholeheartedly in repentance and prayer.
- Who is in _______________? v. 5
“O Lord God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps his covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments.”
- What is the _______________? vv. 6-7
“Confessing the sins of the people of Israel, which we have sinned against you. Even I and my father’s house have sinned.”
- What is to be _______________? vv. 8-10
“Remember the word that you commanded your servant Moses.”
- What am I to _______________? v. 11
“Give success to your servant today, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man.”
“When the leaders and congregations of our current reclining and declining churches begin to weep, mourn, fast and pray for the mercy of God, and seek God’s vision for their churches, they like Jerusalem and its people, will be rebuilt and restored. This is the heart of church vitality.”
- How badly do you want Grace to be revitalized?
- What does it look like for you to respond wholeheartedly in repentance and prayer?
- Do you believe God can revitalize Grace? Do you expect Him to do so?
- How will God use you in our process of revitalization?