TEXT: Matthew 11:25-30
“Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
“labor” – to become weary, to be tired, to work hard.
“heavy laden” – to be burdened.
Point of the Parable: For all who are weary and burdened by religious legalism, Jesus offers an invitation to trust, rest and grow.
1. _______________ in Jesus.
“Come to me”
2. _______________ in Jesus.
“Take my yoke upon you”
3. _______________ in Jesus.
“Learn from me”
“He hath given me rest by his sorrow, and life by his death.”
1. Why does religious legalism make you weary and burdened?
2. Why do you think so many people are caught up in religious legalism? Do you ever find yourself being legalistic? What are the signs if you are?
3. What do you think is involved in coming to Jesus?
4. How do you rest in Jesus?