TEXT: Ephesians 5:22-6:4
SERIES: God’s Glorious Purpose for the Church
Point of the Passage: A wife’s loving submission to her husband will bring joy and blessing to her marriage.
I. The Command of Submission. vv. 22-24
“Wives, submit to your husbands”
1. What submission is not.
a. Blind _______________.
b. Implied _______________.
c. Being _______________.
d. Loss of _______________.
2. What submission is.
“to willingly place oneself under the leadership of another”
II. The Reasons for Submission. vv. 22-24
1. To _______________ and please God.
“as to the Lord”
2. The husband is the _______________ of the wife as Christ is the head of the church.
“For the husband is the head of the wife”
3. It _______________ the church’s submission to Jesus.
“Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives”
1. Does submission mean that the husband makes all the decisions? Does headship mean that he should never yield to his wife?
2. Does submission imply inferiority? Why or why not?
3. Are specific household duties specific to a husband or a wife (e.g. cleaning, laundry, providing financially, yardwork)? Base your answer on Scripture.
4. Should a wife follow her husband into sin? Explain.