TEXT: Ephesians 5:22-6:4
SERIES: God’s Glorious Purpose for the Church
Point of the Passage: Children must obey and honor their parents for this pleases the Lord and brings blessing into their lives.
I. The _______________ for Obedience. v. 1a
“Children, obey your parents”
II. The _______________ for Obedience. vv. 1b-3
1. Obedience is the _______________ thing to do.
“Children, obey your parents in the Lord”
2. Obedience is the ______________ thing to do.
“Children, obey your parents in the Lord for this is right”
3. Obedience _______________ your parents.
“Honor your father and mother”
4. Obedience brings ________________.
“this is the first commandment with a promise”
1. Does honoring your parents mean that you can never confront them with their sin? Explain.
2. Does a child dishonor his or her abusive parents by reporting them to the police? Why or why not?
3. Why does disobedience to your parents never bring blessing into your life?
4. What are some of the blessings that come into your life when you obey and honor your parents?