TEXT: Ephesians 6:14
SERIES: God’s Glorious Purpose for the Church
We are engaged in spiritual _______________.
Satan is a _______________ enemy.
The struggle is not for salvation, but _______________.
Point of the Passage: The righteousness of God that comes by faith in Jesus protects the believer from Satan’s attacks and motivates him or her to live righteously.
PUTTING ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
1. Remember your _______________ of righteousness.
“impute” = to take something that belongs to one person and give it to another
God forgives your sin ______________ credits you with Christ’s righteousness.
How? The _______________.
2. Commit yourself to the _______________ of righteousness.
“sanctification” = becoming in ______________ what you already are in _______________.
What is the condition of your heart today?
1. What is the connection between the belt of truth and the breastplate of righteousness?
2. How would you explain to someone the difference between your salvation and your sanctification?
3. Does knowing you are righteous in God’s sight motivate you to live righteously? Why? Why not?
4. What is the condition of your heart? How can you improve its “health”?