TEXT: Ephesians 4:30
SERIES: Ephesians: God’s Glorious Purpose for the Church
1. What should move us deeply is what the command does _____________ say.
2. The command indicates that the Holy Spirit is a _______________.
Point of the Passage: Since the Holy Spirit loves and redeems us, let us not grieve Him by our disobedience to His commands.
1. What does it mean to grieve the Holy Spirit? v. 30a
“Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God”
2: How do we grieve the Holy Spirit. 4:1-32
3. What can motivate us not to grieve the Holy Spirit? v. 30b
“by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption”
a. The _______________ of the Holy Spirit for His own.
b. He _______________ us for the day of redemption.
1. Have you thought of the Holy Spirit as a person or more as a “force”? Why is it harmful to think of the Holy Spirit as a force?
2. How does knowing the Holy Spirit is grieved when you sin help you better understand the destructiveness of sin?
3. Of the two motivations mentioned, which one most touches your heart? Why?
4. What other motivations can you think of for obediently following the Lord?