TEXT: Ephesians 1:11-14
SERIES: Ephesians: God’s Glorious Purpose for the Church
Point of the Passage: Based on God’s promise, Christians are certain to receive the full inheritance that is theirs in Jesus.
I. What is the Inheritance? v. 11a
“In him we have obtained an inheritance”
1 Peter 1:3-4
II. Why is the Inheritance Guaranteed? vv. 11b-14
1. It was ______________ by the Father.
“…having been predestined according to the purpose of him”
2. It was _______________ by Jesus Christ.
“the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation”
3. It was _______________ by the Holy Spirit.
“were sealed in him with the promised Holy Spirit”
“to the praise of his glory”
1. Why is it human nature to break promises?
2. Why does rejection of the doctrine of divine election undermine God’s grace and glory?
3. What assurance has God given you that he will forgive your sins and give you eternal salvation?
4. What personal benefit is there for you to know that your inheritance in Christ is guaranteed?