TEXT: Jonah 2:1-10
POINT OF THE PASSAGE: God will extend to us His grace and mercy when we humble ourselves and turn from our rebellion.
1. God seeks to _______________ us in our rebellion. v. 17
“And the Lord appointed a great fish to swallow up Jonah.”
2. God _______________ us when we humbly call out to Him. vv. 1-2
“I called out to the Lord, out of my distress, and he answered me.”
3. When we are truly humble, there will be _______________. vv. 3-9
a. Total _______________.
b. True _______________.
c. Thankful _______________.
1. How does the sovereignty of God relate to what happened to Jonah in his rebellion? In your rebellion?
2. Why is it so difficult to humble yourself and call out to God when you are running from Him?
3. What do you think are evidences of humility in a person’s life?
4. How has the Lord used the consequences of rebellion in your life for good?