TEXT: Hebrews 12:1-3
I. Run the race by _______________.
“…looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith.”
II. Run the race _______________ by those who have gone before. v. 1a
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses.”
III. Run the race _______________. v. 1b
1. Remove the _______________.
“let us also lay aside every weight”
2. Get rid of _______________.
“let us also lay aside…sin which clings so closely.”
IV. Run the race with _______________. v. 1c
“let us run with endurance the race that is set before us”
“Turn your eyes upon Jesus”
1. Do you think the idea of a race is a good metaphor for the Christian life? Why? Why not?
2. In what ways does the “so great a cloud of witnesses” inspire you?
3. What are some “good things” that can hinder us in the race?
4. Why do you think focusing on Jesus is the key to running the race? In what ways does it motivate you?