TEXT: Ephesians 1:7-10
SERIES: Ephesians: God’s Glorious Purpose for the Church
Point of the Passage: By the death of Jesus, we have been set free from the ___________ of sin and forgiven of the __________ of sin according to God’s amazing grace.
I. Jesus is the Redeemer. v. 7
“In him we have redemption”
II. The Present Blessings of Redemption. vv. 7-8
1. We are set ______________.
“In him we have redemption through his blood.”
2. We are _______________.
“the forgiveness of sin”
3. We are _______________ of God’s grace.
“according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us”
III. The Future Blessing of Redemption. vv. 9-10
“to unite all things in him”
“Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small:
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.”
1. How would you answer someone who says that there is more than one way to be made right with God?
2. Many churches use guilt and shame to motivate their people. Is this a biblical approach? What do you think would be a better motivator?
3. Why is knowing God’s plan for His people and His world fill you with hope and confidence?
4. What is holding you back from giving yourself totally to the Lord?