TEXT: Romans 8:12-17
A spiritual orphan is a Christian who thinks, talks, acts and feels like he or she has
no _______________ to love him or her,
no _______________ to make him or her righteous,
no _______________ to indwell him or her, and
no _______________ awaiting him or her. (Jack Miller)
Jesus said, “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” John 14:18
1. _______________ from God. v. 14
“…led of the Spirit of God.”
2. _______________ with God. v. 15
3. _______________ in God. v. 16
“The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.”
4. _______________ before God. v. 17
“…heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ.”
“See what kind of love the Father has given us;
that we should be called children of God; and so we are.” 1 John 3:1
1. How have you experienced the leading of the Spirit in your life?
2. How is your earthly father unlike your heavenly Father?
3. If you are a child of God, which blessing of sonship particularly excites you?
4. Are you living like a spiritual orphan or a child of God?