TEXT: Luke 14:25-33
Point of the Passage: If you truly want to follow Jesus, you must consider Him more important than everything else in your life.
1. Jesus must be more important to you than any other ______________. v. 26
“If anyone comes after me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.”
2. Jesus must be more important to you than your _______________ and _______________. v. 27
“Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.”
3. Jesus must be more important than the _______________ you possess. v. 33
“So therefore, any one of you who does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple.”
1. Jesus is _______________ to be followed.
2. We need _______________!
1. Why do you think people “fall away” from following Jesus?
2. Has your family been a help or a hindrance to your walk with Jesus? Explain.
3. What one thing you own that if it was taken away would crush you?
4. What keeps you on the path of following Jesus?