TEXT: Ephesians 3:1-13
SERIES: Ephesians: God’s Glorious Purpose for the Church
Point of the Passage: Understanding the mystery will change
your life and will cause you to want to share it with others.
1. The Message of the Mystery. vv. 1-6
“This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members
of the same body, and partakers of the promises in Christ
Jesus through the gospel.”
Message: Jews and Gentiles are now untied in Jesus Christ as
God’s new people, the Church.
2. The Ministry of the Mystery. vv. 7-13
“I was made a minister according to the gift of God’s grace”
“For this reason, I, Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus
on behalf of you Gentiles.”
1. What else does God have to reveal before you can know it?
2. What does the phrase by Augustine, “The new is in the old
concealed; the old is in the new revealed” mean?
3. What is the cause of racial strife? What is the solution?
4. How can you promote the unity of the body of Christ?
4. Do you consider the church the dearest place on earth? Why? Why not?