TEXT: Jonah 1:4-17
There are two ways to run from God: _______________ and _______________.
POINT OF THE PASSAGE: Whether you run from God through rebellion or religion, you will suffer consequences.
I. It is impossible to run from the _______________ of the Lord. vv. 1-3
“But Jonah rose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord.”
II. There are _______________ when you run from the Lord. vv. 4-16
1. There will be a _______________.
“But the Lord hurled a great wind upon the sea.”
2. It will impact _______________.
3. It will impact _______________.
III. God graciously _______________ you to turn around. v. 17
1. How is Jonah similar to the younger son in Jesus’ Parable of the Prodigal Son?
2. Are all “storms” in your life a result of your rebellion? Explain.
3. If someone said to you, “My sin is too great for God to forgive me?”, how would you respond?
4. How is Jonah a “type” of Jesus?